Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Design Biography

Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, I could not be more of a laid-back, rebellious, southern, tomboy at heart. As a child, my free time revolved around getting involved in every sport possible; so, I never spent much time on my appearance. I attended a private school from kindergarten to graduation from high school where uniform was required. In the beginning, the only times I would dress up would be for formal occasions. Yet, I found myself intrigued with my mother's closet full of designer clothes, shoes, handbags, and other accessories. As a result, I started building the desire to cultivate my own sense of style. First, came my obsession with handbags. I can still the remember the time and effort I spent saving money for my first Louis Vuitton - a staple, I thought, for every female's wardrobe. Next, came my jewelry collection. While my mom had been steadily building me a collection of classic, fine jewelry, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Throughout middle school and high school, I collected beaded bracelets in every color and found them to be the perfect way to spice up my uniform. Of course, with my mother's help and influence, my obsession with all aspects of fashion from head to toe quickly followed.  For my personal style, I enjoy mixing classic, timeless pieces with edgy accessories and detailing in order to create a "trendy" look that is able to last. I do not purchase a new item for my wardrobe without considering several different ways in which it can be worn and paired with items I already own. As a designer, it is my goal to combine elements in order to produce a line that defines a woman of yesterday, of today, and undeniably of tomorrow. 


Honesty Bracelets
http://honestyjewelry.com/index.php/
Fall 2012: My mom and I
My inspiration and highest valued opinion
Summer 2013: Taking risks for fashion
Leather Tibi top with open back paired with snake skin tube skirt


Fall 2012: Still a tomboy at heart





No comments:

Post a Comment